Back Stateside

Well, I arrived in the States a few days ago, so I’ve been really busy catching up with everyone and everything here. Of course I was very sad to leave PerĂº and all the people that I’ve grown so close to there. However, it was also really great to see my family and friends again. I took a redeye flight and it got delayed for four hours, so I didn’t end up leaving Lima until 2:30 in the morning. Here’s a photo from my plane just before we landed:

One thing that I’ve always really liked about arriving in the States after an international trip is Customs. I know that probably sounds strange at first because most people just think of it as a hassle, but I always feel such a rush of happiness to be home when the Customs officers say “welcome home” as I cross through this last part of my journey. I snapped this photo on my phone while I was leaving the airport. The poor quality is due to the fact that I was trying to balance four bags on an escalator while I took it:

Now it’s time to focus on getting ready to head back to Holy Cross to start my fourth and final year! I cannot believe that I’m already a senior in college. Anyways, this will be my last blog update (unless I remember something else that I can’t resist sharing).

I’d like to end with a thank you to Dr. Richard Matlak and the Holy Cross Student Grant Program for funding my experience and making it all possible, to the Holy Cross Web Communications department for allowing me to keep this blog, and to all my professors and mentors at Holy Cross who helped me develop this project and encouraged me throughout the whole process. Finally, I’d like to thank my family, and especially my parents, for their endless support, patience, concern, and love. My experience this summer has been one that I will never forget, and I am so glad that I will be able to look back on this blog in the future to remember my time in Lima. Thanks to all my readers as well for following me on my adventure. Besos para todos!